Our obsession today with screens is, often unintentionally, taking us to places we regret. We use these windows into the world for hours every day, often unaware how intentional content creators and app designers are in shaping our decisions and forming harmful habits. Andrew McDiarmid interviews Doug Smith, author of the book [Un]Intentional: How Screens Secretly Shape Your Desires and How You Can Break Free. Doug offers his unique perspective on the current march of technology based on over twenty years of programming experience.
- 01:39 | Why Doug Smith Decided to Write Unintentional
- 03:30 | The Story of Truman Burbank
- 07:23 | How Have Screens Changed us?
- 09:46 | What Do The Builders of Our Tech Know About Us?
- 11:29 | Big Tech and Casinos
- 12:43 | Impatience Leading to Compliance
- 15:26 | Who is Big Tech?
- 16:36 | Who was Edward Bernays?