How to Sever Big Tech’s Strings
Doug Smith, author of [Un]Intentional: How Screens Secretly Shape Your Desires and How You Can Break Free, explains to Andrew McDiarmid how we can escape the subtle influence of Big Tech. He also emphasizes the importance of removing ourselves from our screens so we can enjoy the outside world and recapture our creativity.
- 00:38 | Introducing Doug Smith
- 01:34 | How Are Screens Shaping Our Desires?
- 02:09 | Who is Secretly Manipulating Our Screens?
- 05:43 | Awaking to the Problem and Evaluating One’s Life
- 09:43 | You Are Not Your Desires
- 13:55 | Five Practices To Help One Live Intentionally
- 17:42 | Creativity from Boredom
- More About Doug Smith
- More About Andrew McDiarmid
- Buy Doug Smith’s Book: [Un]Intentional: How Screens Secretly Shape Your Desires and How You Can Break Free
- History of the iPhone
- Read more about Big Tech Powers on Mind Matters News
- Read More about the legal challenges facing Big Tech