What are quantum Turing machines? In today’s Mind Matters News podcast, Dr. Robert J. Marks and Dr. Paul Werbos explore the mind-boggling science of the quantum realm. Tune in to discover Werbos’s thoughts on historical scientists such as Albert Einstein and David Deutsch, the multiverse theory, and Schrödinger’s cat.
- 01:48 | Introducing Dr. Paul Werbos
- 02:07 | David Deutsch’s multiverse model
- 06:39 | The hidden variable and Bell’s theorem
- 10:03 | Hardcore Einstein realism
- 14:01 | Deutsch’s theory of quantum Turing machines
- 21:46 | D-Wave and quantum annealing
- 24:50 | What is annealing?
- 27:07 | What’s the big deal about quantum annealing?
- Dr. Paul Werbos at IEEE.org
- Paul Werbos’s website
- Paul Werbos’s PhD dissertation introducing error backpropagation used today to train artificial neural networks
- Paul Werbos’s 1972 Proposal to Harvard for Backpropagation and Intelligent Reinforcement System
- Alan Turing, British mathematician and philosopher
- David Deutsch, British physicist
- Hugh Everett, American physicist
- John Wheeler, professor of physics at Princeton University
- “Mind, Brain and Soul From the Viewpoint of Mathematical Realism” at www.werbos.com
- Norbert Wiener, American mathematician and philosopher
- “Analog quantum computing (AQC) and the need for time-symmetric physics” by Paul J. Werbos and Ludmilla Dolmatova at Werbos.com
- Werbos’s YouTube video on True Quantum Annealing
- David Deutsch’s model of reality on YouTube