In an information economy with the rise of artificial intelligence and robots, are humans being pushed to the margins of the workforce? Are we to look forward to a hopeful future, or a dark one? Listen in to hear Jay Richards provide his own insight on the development of technology and its role in the workplace, and how he envisions humans adapting to a changing society.
- 00:18 | The dystopian and utopian views
- 01:45 | Are machines capable of replacing us?
- 06:11 | Will we have nothing to do?
- 07:43 | The philosophical debate: What distinguishes man from robot?
- 09:18 | Creative freedom
- Dr. Jay Richards at Discovery.org
- The Human Advantage: The Future of American Work in an Age of Smart Machines by Dr. Jay Richards at Amazon.com
- A video of Dr. Richards’ remarks here
- Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future by Martin Ford at Amazon.com
- Marvin Minsky, American computer scientist