What is happening in Russia right now with regards to military development of artificial intelligence? Samuel Bendett and Robert J. Marks discuss Russian military development of AI, academia, and autonomous weapons.
- 00:46 | Introducing Samuel Bendett, advisor with the CNA Adversary Analysis Group
- 01:17 | How does the Russian military define artificial intelligence?
- 03:20 | Deepfakes
- 04:30 | Where is the work on Russian military AI happening?
- 08:57 | Swarm intelligence projects in Russia
- 10:37 | The structure of research institutions in Russia
- 11:19 | Academia in Russian military AI development
- 12:50 | Development of autonomous weapons in Russia
- Samuel Bendett at the Center for a New American Security
- CNA website
- CNA’s Center for Autonomy and Artificial Intelligence (CAAI)
- CNA Russia Studies Program
- Articles by Samuel Bendett at Defense One
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Advanced Research Foundation (Фонд перспективных исследований) at Wikipedia
- “Russia Wants to Build a Whole City for Developing Weapons” by Samuel Bendett at War is Boring