Quantum Dots, Bits, and Computing: Oh My!
On the road to quantum computing, you’ll become entangled with the wildest entities. Will we ever make it to a land where quantum computing is available for everyone? Robert J. Marks continues his odyssey through the quantum world with electrical and computer engineer Dr. Enrique Blair.
- 00:33 | Introducing Dr. Enrique Blair, a professor of electrical and computer engineering at Baylor University
- 01:14 | Einstein’s dislike of quantum mechanics
- 02:08 | Nonlocality in quantum mechanics
- 02:17 | Entanglement
- 04:08 | Superluminal communication
- 04:29 | Quantum communication
- 04:56 | Quantum mechanics in daily life
- 06:24 | Molecular computing
- 07:08 | Reducing power consumption
- 08:19 | Quantum dots
- 09:15 | Quantum effects
- 09:55 | Exponential increases
- 10:57 | Quantum computing
- 12:10 | Shor’s algorithm
- 14:40 | Quantum encryption
- 15:14 | Grover’s algorithm
- 17:14 | Will there ever be quantum laptops?
- 18:28 | Superconductivity and quantum computers
- 19:20 | Quantum computing at room temperature