Materialism is dead. There are simply too many questions left unanswered after years of studying the brain. Now, people are scrambling for a new way to understand the mind-body relationship. Cartesian dualism has become a whipping boy in philosophy, but it has advantages over the alternatives. Dr. Joshua Farris discusses Cartesianism and philosophy with Dr. Michael Egnor.
- 01:27 | Introducing Joshua Farris
- 02:36 | What is Cartesian Dualism?
- 07:32 | Is Cartesianism is bad metaphysics?
- 13:02 | The Cartesian View and Transgenderism
- 19:31 | What is emergence?
- 25:30 | The Cartesian view and God as the God’s Mind.