Materialism insists that God is just a figment of the imagination, but there are some interesting phenomena in neurotheology that suggest otherwise. There are also certain methodological challenges when it comes to trying to find evidence of God in the brain. Michael Egnor discusses these issues with Andrew Newberg, who is a pioneer and authority in the field of neurotheology.
- 00:48 | The Methodological Challenges to Finding God in the Brain
- 05:11 | Is There a Dark Night of the Soul?
- 09:21 | Theistic vs. Non-Theistic Contemplation
- 13:13 | The Thomistic Understanding of the Soul
- 17:14 | Otherworld Journeys