There are many examples in biology of the incredible fine-tuning of life. On this episode of Mind Matters, you’ll learn about fine-tuning, population genetics, and probability as Robert J. Marks speaks with Ola Hössjer and Daniel Díaz.
- 00:47 | Introducing Dr. Daniel Díaz
- 01:00 | Introducing Dr. Ola Hössjer
- 01:14 | Fine-tuning in biology
- 07:15 | A cellular city
- 08:15 | Population genetics
- 12:07 | A general theory of fine-tuning
- 22:27 | Probability to measure the degree of fine-tuning
- Daniel Diaz at the University of Miami
- Ola Hössjer at Stockholm University
- Fine Tuning at Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Thorvaldsen, Steinar, and Ola Hössjer. “Using statistical methods to model the fine-tuning of molecular machines and systems.” Journal of Theoretical Biology 501 (2020)
- Daniel Andrés Díaz-Pachón and Robert J. Marks II “Active Information Requirements for Fixation on the Wright-Fisher Model of Population Genetics” BIO-Complexity, Volume 2020, Issue 3 (2020)
- Daniel Andrés Díaz-Pachón, Ola Hössjer, Robert J. Marks “Is Cosmological Tuning Fine or Coarse?” Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, July 9, 2021.