An ultimate test of a successful technology is whether it has been reduced to practice. Has it made a financial impact on the market? Has it been adopted by the very picky US military? Has it changed lives? We’re going to count down the AI Smash Hits: the top ten AI success stories for 2020. Join Dr. Robert J. Marks as he discusses some of these stories with Jonathan Bartlett and Dr. Eric Holloway. If you missed Part I, you can listen to it by clicking here.
- 00:31 | Introducing Jonathan Bartlett
- 00:40 | Introducing Dr. Eric Holloway
- 02:47 | #5: Deepfaking for Entertainment
- 10:12 | #3: Paralyzed Man Moves in Mind-Reading Exoskeleton
- 14:32 | #4: Deep Learning for leukocoria, or “white eye”
- 16:36 | #2: AI Beats Professionals in Six Player Poker
- 20:23 | #1: AI Cracks Protein Folding
- Jonathan Bartlett at Discovery.org
- Eric Holloway at Discovery.org
- #5: “Disney’s deepfakes are getting closer to a big-screen debut” (The VERGE)
- #4: “An App That Can Catch Early Signs of Eye Disease In A Flash” (NPR), “Eye-catching tech” (Waco Trib)
- #3: “Paralyzed Man Moves in Mind-Reading Exoskeleton” (BBC News)
- The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge, M.D.
- #2: “Carnegie Mellon and Facebook AI beats professionals in six-player poker” (Carnegie Mellon)
- #1: “Protein Folding: AI has cracked a problem that stumped biologists for 50 years. It’s a huge deal.” (VOX), “AlphaFold Scores Huge Breakthrough in Analyzing Causes of Disease” (Mind Matters News)