Robert J. Marks on Information and AI (Part I)
What is information? How is information created? Will artificial intelligence ever be creative? Dr. Michael Egnor discusses information theory, correlations, and creative artificial intelligence with Dr. Robert J. Marks.
- 00:27 | Introducing Dr. Robert J. Marks
- 01:14 | What is information?
- 06:44 | Exact representations of data
- 08:29 | A system with minimal information
- 09:27 | Information in nature
- 10:43 | Comparing biological information and information in non-living things
- 11:29 | Creation of information
- 12:50 | Will artificial intelligence ever be creative?
- 17:38 | Correlation vs. causation
- Robert J. Marks at Discovery.org
- Claude Shannon at Encyclopædia Britannica
- Andrey Kolmogorov at Wikipedia
- Spurious Correlations website