Are We Here to Re-Create Ourselves?
What are the capacities of human-like robots? Will they ever replace humans? Dr. Geoffrey Simmons and Dr. Robert J. Marks discuss artificial intelligence, outer space, consciousness, and Dr. Simmons’ book Are We Here to Re-Create Ourselves?: The Convergence of Designs.
- 00:24 | Introducing Dr. Geoffrey Simmons
- 02:07 | Are we here to re-create ourselves?
- 04:11 | A purpose to our design
- 05:41 | Ray Kurzweil and Singularity
- 06:21 | Why write?
- 07:40 | Sending robots to space
- 10:05 | The possibility of robot therapists
- 11:52 | Space brain
- 12:49 | Perfecting artificial intelligence
- 15:15 | Are animals conscious?
- Geoffrey Simmons’ website at Kirkus Reviews
- Are We Here to Re-Create Ourselves?: The Convergence of Designs by Geoffrey Simmons at Amazon
- Geoffrey Simmons’ author page at Amazon
- “Physician’s Diary: Our Remarkable Healing Processes and the Coronavirus Infection” by Dr. Simmons at Evolution News
- “Coronavirus Response: Design in Nature and Medical Science” — Dr. Simmons on the Intelligent Design the Future podcast
- “Can Evolution Create Mind? Can We?” — Dr. Simmons on the Intelligent Design the Future podcast
- “Dr. Geoffrey Simmons On Human Design — and Re-Creating It in Robots” — Dr. Simmons on the Intelligent Design the Future podcast
- The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil at Amazon
- “Here’s How Space Travel Changes the Brain” at LiveScience
- The Turing test at Encyclopædia Britannica