Technology is vital in commerce and war. Corporations spend billions in development and don’t want to get ripped off. Technology and AI, more than ever, determine military superiority. What are the laws that protect technology and how are they enforced?
- 01:20 | Introduction; Daniel M. Ogden, J.D.
- 03:06 | Reasons for protected technology
- 04:00 | Determining what needs to be protected
- 07:42 | What is an export license?
- 08:41 | Monitoring foreign travel
- 10:13 | Foreign nationals, deemed export license
- 11:30 | U.S. technology research theft & the fundamental research exception
- 16:29 | “The Tennessee professor went to jail”
- 17:37 | Open source AI and export control
- 20:17 | Encryption and cellphones
- 21:52 | Critical technologies
- 22:45 | Conclusion