Bruce Gordon On Idealism and the Nature of Reality (Part I)
What is the fundamental nature of reality? Is reality more like a mind, or more like a physical object? What is panpsychism? Tune in to this week’s podcast to hear guest host Michael Egnor interview Dr. Bruce Gordon on idealism. Gordon explores different varieties of idealism, the insights of past philosophers, and the theories of contemporary thinkers.
- 00:43 | Introducing Dr. Bruce Gordon
- 02:02 | Idealism
- 03:41 | Plato’s theory of forms
- 05:09 | Kantian idealism
- 09:22 | Panpsychism and cosmopsychism
- 12:31 | What is a mental thing?
- Dr. Bruce Gordon at Discovery.org
- George Berkeley, philosopher, scientist, and Anglican bishop
- Plato, classical philosopher
- Immanuel Kant, 18th century philosopher
- Franz Brentano, 19th century philosopher
- “Aquinas’ Fifth Way: The Proof from Specification” by Michael Egnor at Evolution News