George Gilder talks to Robert J. Marks about his book Gaming AI: Why AI Can’t Think but Can Transform Jobs.
- 00:00:45 | Introducing George Gilder
- 00:03:30 | Is AI a new demotion of the human race?
- 00:04:59 | The AI movement
- 00:06:39 | DeepMind and protein folding
- 00:11:42 | Code-breaking in World War II
- 00:13:50 | Interpreting between symbols and objects
- 00:17:34 | The modeling assumption
- 00:23:24 | The big data assumption
- 00:26:23 | The ergodicity assumption
- 00:30:04 | Artificial intelligence and the stock market
- 00:35:58 | An “Indian summer” in AI?
- 00:38:54 | Superintelligence
- 00:41:12 | The future of computing technology
- 00:44:29 | Tony Stretton’s paradox
- 00:49:00 | An ultra intelligent machine
- 00:50:53 | Blockchain
- 00:58:45| Facial recognition
- 01:00:25 | Bitcoin
- 01:05:07 | Quantum computing
- 01:08:27 | Carbon computing
- Hear George Gilder at COSM 2021
- Gilder George, “Gaming AI: Why AI Can’t Think but Can Transform Jobs” Discovery Press, 2021
- Gilder George, “Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy” Regnery Gateway, 2018
- Get George Gilder’s book Gaming AI for FREE!
- George Gilder at Discovery Institute