Robert J. Marks on Killer Robots
Robert J. Marks discusses AI and the military, autonomous weapons, and his book The Case for Killer Robots with hosts Robert D. Atkinson and Jackie Whisman from the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF).
Dr. Marks’ book The Case for Killer Robots is available at Amazon.com in print, audio and Kindle formats. For a limited time, the Bradley Center is offering a free copy of the ebook here.
We appreciate the permission of Robert D. Atkinson of the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF) to rebroadcast this interview. Please see the ITIF podcast page here.
- 01:19 | Introduction to the podcast topic
- 02:13 | Introducing Dr. Robert J. Marks
- 03:38 | AI in military applications
- 05:07 | Staying ahead in development
- 06:31 | Major areas of AI in the military
- 07:10 | Drone swarms
- 09:26 | Will AI be sentient?
- 11:30 | Autonomous weapons
- 16:07 | Ethics
- 17:48 | The state of AI research
- 20:31 | Top priority in tech policy
- Get a free copy of The Case for Killer Robots by Robert J. Marks
- Original podcast at ITIF
- ITIF’s website
- Walter Bradley Center on Natural and Artificial Intelligence