Robert J. Marks discusses AI and the military, autonomous weapons, and his book The Case for Killer Robots with hosts Robert D. Atkinson and Jackie Whisman from the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF).
Dr. Marks’ book The Case for Killer Robots is available at Amazon.com in print, audio and Kindle formats. For a limited time, the Bradley Center is offering a free copy of the ebook here.
We appreciate the permission of Robert D. Atkinson of the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF) to rebroadcast this interview. Please see the ITIF podcast page here.
- 01:19 | Introduction to the podcast topic
- 02:13 | Introducing Dr. Robert J. Marks
- 03:38 | AI in military applications
- 05:07 | Staying ahead in development
- 06:31 | Major areas of AI in the military
- 07:10 | Drone swarms
- 09:26 | Will AI be sentient?
- 11:30 | Autonomous weapons
- 16:07 | Ethics
- 17:48 | The state of AI research
- 20:31 | Top priority in tech policy
- Get a free copy of The Case for Killer Robots by Robert J. Marks
- Original podcast at ITIF
- ITIF’s website
- Walter Bradley Center on Natural and Artificial Intelligence